Liberal Democrats prioritise the protection of our natural environment.
A better and healthier environment: it’s time to
- tackle congestion and the pollution it generates;
- promote sustainable transport and renewable
- energies to address climate change and plastic
Dorset Liberal Democrats will lead the way again by:
- Encouraging the growth of solar and wind farms
- Putting solar panels on all public buildings
- Working to get all new housing to be built with solar panels
- Replacing the Council’s entire vehicle fleet with electric vehicles
- Developing Community Transport to those villages that now have no bus service
- Make Plastic Free Towns -see www.sas.org.uk/plastic-free-communities
Locally, our Councillors led the way in establishing doorstep recycling. Nationally, we enabled a major expansion in solar and wind energy and established the Green Investment Bank. However, the Conservatives are now undermining these achievements.
To see more on what the Liberal Democrats are doing for the environment please see here.